Frequently Asked Rental Questions
1. Can I use my bank statement as proof of income?
If you are self employed and you have a current liquid account, or are retired and have a direct deposit , then yes you may use a bank statement.
2. How long does it take to get my deposit check back?
The accounting of the Security Deposit is returned to you fourteen days from the date we received possession of the unit from you. Make sure to include a proper forwarding address.
Note: The state of California allows for a 21 day period, but our standards are higher (as with most things).
3. What if I can only pay 1/2 of my rent, is there still a late charge?
4. Is that applied to the amount owed or the amount paid?
The late charge is 5% of the entire rent amount.
5. Does it matter that I receive AFDC?
Our financial qualification is that your gross income be at least 3 times the amount of the rent. You must be able to provide verifiable proof of your income.
6. What do you consider normal wear and tear?
Normal wear and tear varies with the length of the tenancy. If you have only been a tenant for two months and the place needs painting, you can expect to pay for it.
7. Do you accept cosigners or lease holders?
We do not accept cosigners. Anyone is welcome to apply to rent from us.
8. Do you accept Section 8?
Yes, Certain properties we manage will accept Section 8.
9. How much will it cost exactly for carpet, drapes and cleaning the unit?
These costs cannot be determined until the unit is vacated and the inspection has been completed. All dirt and damage will be assessed at that time.
10. What if I get government housing? Will you let me out of my lease?
You may terminate your lease with proof of military housing orders with a written thirty day notice given in advance.
11. Does your rental agreement contain a "Service Clause"?
Got a different Question?
Ask the Property Manager?
We'll be happy to answer it!